461-115-0010 Effective 01/01/10 - Technical Amendment
Application Process; General
- A client may apply for one or more programs using one application, under the time frames and eligibility requirements that apply to each program for which the client is applying. The Department redetermines eligibility at assigned intervals and whenever a client's eligibility becomes questionable.
- If the Department requires additional information to determine eligibility, the client is entitled to a written notice that includes a statement of the specific information needed to determine eligibility and the date by which the client must provide the required information.
- The Department ensures that an application form is readily available to anyone requesting one and assists clients who are unable to complete the application form or gather information necessary to verify eligibility.
- The Department must screen each applicant to determine whether the applicant is eligible for expedited SNAP program services or is at risk of being a victim of domestic violence (see OAR 461-001-0000).
- In the SNAP program, a filing group is entitled to establish a filing date on the date they request benefits.
- If a client files an application containing the client's name and address, the Department must send the client a decision notice (see OAR 461-001-0000).
- A client may withdraw an application at any time.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 411.060, 411.816, 412.049, 414.042
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 411.060, 411.816, 412.049, 414.042