461-115-0040 Effective 07/08/20
Filing Date; REF, SNAP, TANF
Retroactively effective July 6, 2020:
- In the REF, SNAP, and TANF programs, a filing group is entitled to establish a "filing date" on the date a member of the group requests benefits. The "filing date" establishes:
- The date for starting the application processing time frames.
- The date from which some effective dates are determined.
- In the REF and TANF programs, the "filing date" is established the date a signed request for benefits is received by the Department. The request must be a Department approved application that includes the applicant’s name, address, and signature.
- In the SNAP program, the "filing date" is the date a signed request for benefits is received by the Department or by the Social Security Administration for filing groups applying in accordance with OAR 461-115-0150. The request may be a Department-approved form or other method that includes the applicant's name, address, and signature.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 411.816, 412.006, 412.049
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 409.010, 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 411.081, 411.087, 411.816, 411.825, 412.006, 412.049, 412.054, 412.064