461-115-0610 Effective 04/01/18
- To be eligible for benefits, individuals must provide verification when the Department requests verification. The Department will notify an individual when verification, or additional verification, of any factor affecting eligibility or benefit level is required.
- Verification provided for one program is considered for all programs in which the individual participates. The Department will notify an individual when a particular method of verification is required. More information about what methods are accepted is in the following Oregon Administrative Rules:
- In the GA, OSIP, OSIPM, and QMB programs, see OAR 461-115-0700 and 461-115-0704.
- In the SNAP program, see OAR 461-115-0651 and 461-115-0690.
- The three methods of receiving verification are:
- Self-attestation. Information provided orally or in writing by or on behalf of an individual.
- Electronic. Information available and provided to the Department from an electronic source, including but not limited to:
- The State Wage Information Collection Agency.
- The Internal Revenue Service.
- The Social Security Administration.
- The State Unemployment Compensation Agency.
- State agencies administering programs under Title 1, 10, 14, or 16 of the Social Security Act.
- SNAP agencies.
- Other insurance affordability programs.
- The Department of Treasury.
- The Department of Homeland Security.
- Documentary. Evidence which is provided by or on behalf of an individual, or obtained by the Department from a third party.
- Documentary evidence can be received in many ways, including:
- A paper or electronic copy of a document.
- An oral or written collateral statement from someone outside the filing group.
- Viewing a document during a home visit.
- In the REF and REFM programs, the immigration status of an individual must be verified using documentary evidence from a federal agency that holds authority to grant legal immigration status.
- Verification of the occurrence of an act of domestic violence (see OAR 461-001-0000) is not required for any program.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.402, 411.404, 411.816, 412.014, 412.049, 413.085, 414.685
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 409.010, 411.060, 411.087, 411.117, 411.402, 411.404, 411.816, 412.014, 412.049