461-120-0110 Effective 12/13/21 - Technical Amendment
Citizenship and “Alien” Status Requirements
- Except as provided in section (5) of this rule, in all programs except the CAWEM, ERDC, REF, and REFM programs, to be a member of a benefit group (see OAR 461-110-0750) an individual must meet the requirements of at least one of the following subsections:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Meet the “alien” status requirements in OAR 461-120-0125;
- Be a citizen of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands or Saipan, Tinian, Rota or Pagan of the Northern Mariana Islands; or
- Be a national from American Samoa or Swains Islands.
- In the CAWEM program, to be a member of the benefit group an individual must meet the eligibility requirements of OAR 461-135-1070.
- In the ERDC program, the need group (see OAR 461-110-0630) and benefit group must include a child who meets the requirements of section (1) of this rule except that:
- For children enrolled in programs that are subject to Head Start Performance Standards and are supported by both Head Start and CCDF funds, parents must submit verification of Head Start enrollment in lieu of other documentation; and
- For children in contracted programs, a Head Start eligibility checklist may be used as verification.
- In the REF and REFM programs, to be a member of the need group and the benefit group an individual must meet the “alien” status requirements of OAR 461-120-0125.
- In the TA-DVS and TANF programs, a survivor of domestic violence (see OAR 461-001-0000) is not subject to section (1) of this rule when OAR 461-135-1200 applies.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 411.706, 411.816, 412.006, 412.014, 412.049, 412.124
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 411.060, 411.070, 411.117, 411.404, 411.706, 411.816, 412.006, 412.014, 412.049, 412.124