461-135-0485 Effective 07/01/18
Requirement to Complete an Employability Screening and Overview of the Job Opportunity and Basic Skills (JOBS) Program; Pre-TANF and TANF
- As used in this rule:
- "Employability screening" means the form or forms DHS has designated as the employability screening tool for program eligibility.
- "Overview of the JOBS program" means a discussion about the requirements and services provided under the JOBS program.
- To be eligible for Pre-TANF and TANF benefits, the following must be completed prior to the end of the application processing time frames in OAR 461-115-0190:
- Each caretaker relative in the need group, authorized to work in the United States, must complete an employability screening (see section (1) of this rule); and
- At least one caretaker relative in the need group, when the need group contains at least one caretaker relative authorized to work in the United States, must participate in an overview of the JOBS program (see section (1) of this rule).
- The employability screening and overview of the JOBS program must be offered during the initial eligibility intake for Pre-TANF and TANF program benefits.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 412.006, 412.049, 412.124
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 409.010, 411.060, 411.070, 412.006, 412.049, 412.064, 412.124, 45 CFR 261.2, 45 CFR 261.10, 45 CFR 261.11