461-135-0745 Effective 10/01/17
Eligibility for Individuals in Acute Care Settings; OSIPM
An individual in an acute care hospital or nursing facility is evaluated for the OSIPM program as follows:
- The individual must meet all non-financial eligibility requirements for OSIPM.
- Individuals are considered in their own household group (see OAR 461-110-0210) and filing group (see OAR 461-110-0410).
- The financial group (see OAR 461-110-0530) consists only of the individual applying for benefits, except that the spouse (see OAR 461-001-0000) is included in the financial group to determine initial eligibility as follows:
- At initial eligibility, the resources of the spouse are considered and the provisions of OAR 461-160-0580 apply.
- The income of the spouse is not considered in determining initial eligibility, and the spouse is not included in any other eligibility group.
- The individual must have countable (see OAR 461-001-0000) income at or below 300 percent of the full SSI standard or have established a qualifying trust as specified in OAR 461-145-0540(10)(c); and
- The individual must require a continuous period of care (see OAR 461-001-0030).
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 413.085, 414.685
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 409.010, 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 413.085, 414.685