461-135-1270 Effective 10/01/21
Specific Requirements; Employment Payments
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 412.049, 412.124
- Effective April 1, 2016, a benefit group (see OAR 461-110-0630) that includes an individual who meets the requirements in section (2) of this rule is eligible to receive $225 in Employment Payments (see OAR 461-001-0025) paid over three months as provided in section (3) of this rule.
- To be eligible for three months of Employment Payments, an individual in the benefit group (see OAR 461-110-0750) or an individual not in the benefit group due to the time limit in OAR 461-135-0071 must meet all of the following requirements:
- Have obtained unsubsidized paid employment and reported it timely.
- Have been a JOBS eligible or JOBS volunteer (see OAR 461-130-0310) individual who closed TANF for one of the following reasons:
- Became ineligible for the Pre-TANF, SFPSS or TANF programs due to income above the applicable income standard in OAR 461-155-0030.
- Voluntarily closed TANF to avoid accruing time toward the time limit in OAR 461-135-0071.
- Voluntarily closed TANF to be eligible for TBA (see OAR 461-135-0506).
- Meet the TANF residency requirements in OAR 461-120-0010.
- Remain at or below 350 percent FPL in OAR 461-155-0180.
- Employment Payments begin the month following the month in which Pre-TANF, SFPSS, or TANF benefits close. Payments are limited to one payment per month per benefit group. Payments may not be prorated and are paid in the following amounts and order:
- $100 the first month after benefits close.
- $75 the second month after benefits close.
- $50 the third month after benefits close.
- An individual receiving Employment Payments is not eligible for JOBS Plus or JPI (see OAR 461-135-1260).
- Employment Payments end when an individual:
- Is approved for REF, Pre-TANF, SFPSS, or TANF program benefits;
- Is a member of a filing group (see OAR 461-110-0330) approved for REF, Pre-TANF, SFPSS, or TANF program benefits; or
- Loses unsubsidized paid employment and the loss is verified by the Department.
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 412.049, 412.124