461-145-0110 Effective 10/01/17
Domestic Volunteer Services Act (VISTA, RSVP) and Small Business Act (SCORE, ACE)
In all Department programs covered by Chapter 461 of the Oregon Administrative Rules, with respect to federal programs under the Domestic Volunteers Service Act of 1973 (Pub. L. No. 93-113):
- Payments under Title I -- VISTA, University Year of Action, and Urban Crime Prevention -- are treated as follows:
- In the ERDC, OSIP, OSIPM, and QMB programs, these payments are excluded, except that in the ERDC program, these payments are counted as earned income if the total value of all compensation is equal to or greater than compensation at the state minimum wage.
- In all programs except the ERDC, OSIP, OSIPM, QMB, REF, REFM, and TANF programs:
- The payments are excluded if the client is receiving Department program benefits when they join the Title I program. The exclusion of payments continues until the client has a break in receiving Department benefits of more than one month.
- The payments are counted as earned income for clients who joined the Title I program before applying for Department program benefits.
- In the REF, REFM, and TANF programs, the value of the educational award is excluded; all remaining payments count as earned income.
- Payments are excluded for programs under Title II (National Older Americans Volunteer Programs), which include:
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Title II, Section 201.
- Foster Grandparent Program Title II, Section 211.
- Older American Community programs.
- Senior Companion Program.
- Payments are excluded for programs under 15 USC 637(a)(1)(the Small Business Act), which include:
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE); and
- Active Corps of Executives (ACE).
Stat. Auth.: ORS 329A.500, 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 411.083, 411.404, 411.706, 411.816, 412.049, 413.085, 414.685
Stats. Implemented: ORS 329A.500, 409.010, 411.060, 411.070, 411.083, 411.404, 411.706, 411.816, 412.049, 413.085, 414.685