461-145-0360 Effective 10/01/17
- The value of disability-related apparatus, optional equipment, or low mileage is not considered in determining the fair market value (see OAR 461-001-0000) of an automobile, truck, or van. The fair market value of an automobile, truck, or van is presumed to be the "average trade-in value" established in the National Automobile Dealers Association's (NADA) Used Car Guide, Kelley Blue Book, or similar publication. A client may rebut the presumption with a statement from a car dealer, mechanic, or other reliable source. If the vehicle is not listed in the NADA Used Car Guide, Kelley Blue Book, or a similar publication, the estimate of the value by the client may be accepted unless it appears questionable, in which case additional evidence of the value is required.
- Some programs permit an exclusion for a portion of the equity value (see OAR 461-001-0000) for any licensed and unlicensed motor vehicles owned by the financial group (see OAR 461-110-0530):
- In the REF, REFM, SNAP, and TANF programs, this exclusion is up to $10,000 of the total equity value of all vehicles.
- Any remaining equity in the total equity value of all vehicles is counted as a resource.
- In the EA and ERDC programs, all motor vehicles are excluded.
- In the OSIP, OSIPM, and QMB-DW programs:
- The total value of a vehicle selected by the financial group is excluded if it is used for transportation of the client or a member of the client's household.
- The total equity value of any vehicle not excluded under subsection (a) of this section and all other vehicles is counted as a resource.
- In the OSIP-EPD and OSIPM-EPD programs, if a vehicle was purchased as an employment and independence expense (see OAR 461-001-0035) or with moneys from an approved account (see OAR 461-001-0035), the total value of the vehicle is excluded.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 329A.500, 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 411.083, 411.117, 411.404, 411.704, 411.706, 411.816, 412.049, 413.085, 414.065
Stats. Implemented: ORS 329A.500, 409.010, 411.060, 411.070, 411.083, 411.117, 411.404, 411.704, 411.706, 411.816, 412.049