461-155-0530 Effective 10/01/13
Special Need; Food for Guide Dogs and Special Assistance Animals
- For an OSIP or OSIPM program client receiving SSI, having an adjusted income less than the OSIPM program standard under OAR 461-155-0250, or receiving home and community-based care (see OAR 461-001-0030), a food allowance is allowed for guide dogs and special assistance animals that are individually trained to --
- Meet the client's specific medical needs by performing tasks, such as alerting and protecting a client who is having a seizure; or
- Perform specific physical tasks that the client is unable to do, such as picking up items that are dropped, turning on light switches, and pulling a wheelchair.
- The maximum amount the Department authorizes for this special need is $50 per month.
- Authorization of this special need must be based on a proven medical need to sustain the client's independence.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 411.060
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 411.060, 411.706