461-155-0710 Effective 12/14/21 - Technical Amendment
Special Need; Diversion Services; OSIP and OSIPM
In the OSIP and OSIPM programs:
- The Department may authorize one-time payments for expenses that the Department has determined are necessary to divert individuals who might otherwise be served in nursing facilities to community-based care (see OAR 461-001-0000). Payments are allowed for individuals who meet the criteria established in OAR 411-015-0015(1)(a).
- Payments will be authorized at the lowest possible cost.
- To be eligible for payment, individuals may not be eligible for the item through Medicare, Medicaid, or any other medical coverage.
- Payment for a household item is not allowed if the community-based care facility (see OAR 461-155-0630) is required to provide the item by contract or administrative rule.
- Payment is not allowed if the item or service may be provided under any other special need rule in this division (OAR 461-155-0510 to 461-155-0700).
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 413.085, 414.685
Statutes/Other Implemented:ORS 409.010, 411.060, 411.070, 411.404