461-180-0050 Effective 07/01/18
Effective Dates; Suspending or Closing Benefits and JOBS and REP Support Service Payments
- This rule explains the effective date for closing or suspending benefits for the entire benefit group (see OAR 461-110-0750) and the effective date for ending JOBS and REP support service payments.
- In all programs except the ERDC program, when the only individual in a benefit group dies, the effective date of the closure is:
- In the REF, SNAP, and TANF programs, the last day of the month in which the death occurred.
- In all other programs, the date of the death.
- For all closures and suspensions not covered by section (2) of this rule, the effective date is determined as follows:
- When prospective eligibility is used, the effective date for closing or suspending benefits is the last day of the month in which the notice period ends.
- For a pregnant female receiving benefits of the OSIPM program, the effective date for closing benefits is no earlier than the last day of the calendar month in which the 60th day after the last day of pregnancy falls, except at the client's request.
- For a client who is receiving medical assistance and becomes incarcerated with an expected stay of a year or less, the effective date for suspending medical benefits is the effective date on the decision notice (see OAR 461-001-0000).
- The effective date for ending support service payments authorized under OAR 461-190-0211 is the earlier of the following:
- The date the related JOBS or REP activity is scheduled to end.
- The date the client no longer meets the requirements of OAR 461-190-0211.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 409.050, 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 411.706, 411.816, 412.006, 412.009, 412.014, 412.049
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 409.010, 411.060, 411.070, 411.404, 411.706, 411.816, 412.006, 412.009, 412.014, 412.049